WunderPhotos - Approval
Back to: Main WunderPhotos
All photographs must be approved by our community moderators before they appear publicly on WUnderground. This is to ensure that your photos are categorized correctly and to safeguard our content. Please be patient during this process, as at times we experience a high upload volume.
If your photo does not comply with our guidelines, it is subject to rejection. Any of the following reasons may be given for an image that is rejected:
- Subject Not Outdoors
- All Wunder Photos must be either taken outdoors or depict a subject that is outdoors. Photos in which the subject is indoors and not weather-related are NOT accepted. Weather-related exceptions include storm damage and indoor photos depicting the size of hail.
- Broken or missing image
- The full-size image does not display correctly or was corrupted during upload.
- Plagiarized Image or Copyright Violation
- The image copyright belongs to someone other than the uploader. Please do NOT upload images that you did not take, or that contains copyrighted material.
- Not site appropriate
- The image is obscene or not appropriate for a weather & outdoor photography site.
- Wrong date
- The image was not taken on the date specified when you upload it.
- Digital art
- When the image has been altered so that it no longer looks like the original subject matter or incorporates artistic elements, it is considered digital art, which we do not accept. See our Manipulated Images FAQ for examples of what we mean.
If a photo you uploaded is rejected, it will show only in your "My Photos" page and the reason for the rejection will appear below the image. If you feel that it has been unjustly or mistakenly rejected, please submit a Support Ticket.