WunderBlogs - Standards
The WunderBlogs are a forum for our members to express their opinions and ideas about weather, the outdoors, and nearly everything. Some blogs, such as Dr. Masters' Blog, have special community standards that apply only to them. For the blogs at large, as well as special or featured blogs, our Terms of Service apply. Please remain within the bounds of the Terms of Service. This document will strive to provide pointers for operating within the Wunderground community.
Rules of the Road
- Please do not carry on personal disputes in the blogs.
- No personal attacks. This includes, but is not limited to: name calling, harassment or bullying toward any other member.
- No hate speech of any kind is allowed.
- Threats and intimidation will not be tolerated, and behavior of this type which extends into the real world will be dealt with by extreme action.
- Foul or obscene language or content of any kind is not allowed.
- Keep conversations on topic and avoid adult-only topic themes. Our site is open to users of all ages, so please respect others.
- Do not circumvent a ban or any other administrative action by using a another username or creating a new username.
- No spam.
Linking to External Sites
Generally, links to non-commercial (that is, personal) weather sites, personal sites/blogs, and especially photographers' site (even commercial) are allowed. If sites are found to contain information or discussion that goes beyond our own rules or is found to be abusive it will be removed.
Blog Author's Privilege
Blog Authors have generally free reign in their own blogs. They can ban anyone from their blog who is not an Admin. This privilege also comes with some responsibility. Please try to keep your blog free of content that would be against these rules. Sometimes an administrator might be forced to set your blog to ignore or ban if there are rampant infractions within. Contact WunderBlogAdmin if this happens in order to settle the matter.
Means of Action
Problems in the blog will be handled in the following ways.
- Ignore - Having your blog removed from the directory, removing easy access to it. This is more like a warning and typically lasts 7 days, if there are no further problems.
- Ban - This is strong action, as it removes your member handle from the blogs completely, blocking access to all entries. The length of a ban is dependent upon the severity of the violation.
- IP Ban - People who repeatedly circumvent bans will be the recipients of an IP ban, which blocks access to the entire site.
- Troll Wipe - This is the most extreme action an Admin can take, and it is reserved for flagrant, repetitive violations of the Terms of Service. This will remove the user completely, making it impossible for them to access that member handle again.
WunderBlogAdmin is a generic handle used by our employees to interact with bloggers. This gives a single point of contact for our members to report issues and dispute bans. As noted in our terms of service, Weather Underground does not maintain 24/7 watch over the blogs and administration is not real time. Administrators will deal with problems and answer notes when they can, so please be patient.
For questions about these rules please contact WunderBlogAdmin.