Radar - Coordinates
Back to: Main Radar Page
There is a way you can plug in your Latitude and Longitude on your local radar. Here are the steps on how to do so:
- Go to http://www.wunderground.com and enter your City & State or Zip Code in the search box at the top of the page and do a search.
- Once you're on the City Page for your preferred location, click on the radar thumbnail in Current Conditions. This should load a Nexrad Radar page.
- At the top of your web browser, there should be a bar that includes the address of the webpage you are currently on. For example, the radar URL for Chapel Hill, NC is: http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=RAX®ion= c5&lat=35.93691635&lon=-79.03968811&label=Chapel%20Hill%2c%20NC Note: If you do not see this bar at the top of your web browser, instead find the "View" menu. Click "Toolbars". If you're using Firefox or Netscape, make sure that "Navigation Toolbar" is checked. In Internet Explorer, make sure that "Address Bar" is checked.
- Find the latitude and longitude numbers in this URL (example: lat=35.93691635&lon=-79.03968811). Replace them with your own custom lat/lon. Be careful not to delete any characters other than the lat/lon numbers, and do not add any spaces or other characters. If you mess up, refresh the page and the original URL will be restored.
- If you'd like to use this page more than once, create a bookmark in your browser so that you don't have to replace the lat/lon coordinates each time.