Back to: Main Page
We must protect the privacy of our members and as such, we cannot share their contact information with anyone. However, we do provide an in-site messaging system available to registered members. If you are not already signed up, please join Weather Underground]. We offer a free membership, as well as one with extended privileges, including ad-free viewing, for only $10.00 a year.
There are several ways you can send a message to another user. Our messaging system is based on the handle name chosen during the sign up process. (What is a handle?)
Using your web mailbox
Weather Underground provides a web based messaging system Sign-in to the website, if you have not already.
click the Mail Box icon on the left side of any Weather Underground page. In your Mail Box, click the "Compose" tab and enter the handle name of any member you would like to contact. When you have received a new message, the Mail Box will say "You've Got Mail" on the left side of any WUnderground page.
Sending messages from WunderPhotos
As you are browsing WunderPhotos, click the thumbnail of any image you are interested in viewing
- On the single image page, which shows the photo at its full size, scroll down to the "About <handle name>" box
- This box often contains a photo and the text profile of the photographer
- Look for a message link with a mailbox that says "Write a Message to <handle name>"
- This is the mailbox icon:
- Click the mailbox link to create a new message to the photographer with a thumbnail of the selected image attached
You can also change the handle name to share the attached image with a friend who has a Weather Underground account. Send the message to WunderPhotoAdmin if you have a recommendation, kudos or questions.
Sending messages from WunderBlogs
Messaging from WunderBlogs is very similar to WunderPhotos. When you are viewing any member's blog, look for a link on the right side of the page that reads "Send Message". This link appears just below the user's Recent Photos.